Thursday 10 November 2016

28mm "Princess Bride" Style Miniatures Review

The 4 fig set
When I saw these fantastic figures recently I just knew I had to have a set. The film on which they "may" have been based is without doubt one of the greatest motion picture of all time.

If you meet someone for the first time and just say "Princess Bride" to them and they look blank, walk away. If they "know" their face will Light up and they will quote from the film and you, you will have a friend for life. You either get PB or you don't, a mix of fairy tale, fantasy, action, romance (is this kissing book ?) and humour, it is just brilliant.


The figures themselves are heroic 28mm in scale, metal and represent 4 of the main characters in the story. They are made by a new company (to me anyway) called Antediluvian Miniatures.

If you click on the link above it will take you straight to the figures, they are not available separately but in a set of 4 for £16 plus reasonable postage.


Fantastic turn around time, they arrived 3 days after ordering, the box contained not only the figures but a bag of Haribo, perfect to munch on when watching the film for the 127th time.

"You seem a decent fellow.... I hate to kill you"
The first figure the hired swordsman is stood sword outstretched in a lunge, the details and character are fantastic, all the figures are very cleanly cast (the pictures show the figures straight out of the box) and I only found a couple of small pieces to trim away before priming and these were supporting sword scabbard.

"You seem a decent fellow...... I hate to die"
Next up our hero and "Dread Pirate" again a lovely cast, thin but then so was the character.

"I only doggy paddle"
Then we have the Giant, suitably sized of course.

"Never get involved in a land war in Asia"
And finally our Sicilian "mastermind"


Great figures, I recommend them to anyone, really looking forward to painting these up. Not sure what I will use them for, I'm sure I will be able to work out something in 7tv or EotD for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment